EHHS Culinary and Environmental Science Programs Plant a Garden
Valery OrregoJune 11, 2024

There is a new class being added to the 2024-25 school year at EHHS. It is exciting to hear about this new project from the Profettos. This class...

Balancing The Hive: Summer Edition
Balancing The Hive: Summer Edition
Valery OrregoJune 11, 2024

How to live your best, most balanced life this summer with Ms. Dwyer: Set boundaries. You don’t have to say yes to every opportunity you...

Keepin It Reel:Summer Horror Movies
Keepin' It Reel:Summer Horror Movies
Isabella Mott, Reporter • June 7, 2024

Stranger Things: Season 3 Genre: Science Fiction, Horror Isabella’s Rating:★★ Stranger Things Season 3 follows the journey after...

Breakdown Lane : EHHS Automotive Technology Program

Do you have an interest in cars? Are you looking for a  STEM credit? Well whatever the case may be, Michael Iavarone’s Automotive Program is the place for you! “Mr. I” goes through and gives us all the automotive details and speaks about all the benefits the program could give you.

Mr. Iavarone’s EHHS Automotive Technology program helps students find careers they love in high-paying jobs after high school. 

From Park to Drive

Mr. I teaches introduction to automotive & power technology and advanced automotive & power technology. These classes help students get a better understanding of the operation, construction, and repairs of automobiles. These classes are very beneficial because most people are going to own cars, but now imagine if you were able to identify problems with your automobile yourself? 

Pullquote Photo

The automotive program is designed in such a way that students can start as early as they can once they get to high school.

— Mr. I

The program is very inclusive and it welcomes high school students of all ages. But not only does it target all ages but the intro program specifically is taught specially so everyone can understand and be challenged. You can be the biggest fan of cars and you can also know absolutely nothing. Whoever you are, you will not be left out and in the dark!

Any student can easily be successful at it and do very, very well If you have an understanding of an automobile, it can last you a long time.

— Mr. I

Road Trip to Success

There are many benefits to the EHHS automotive program, but the main benefit for very committed students would be the two year national certification in automotive technologies. Students who wish to take their automotive skills to the next level once they leave high school will be able to get jobs as graduates in a real automotive field. Any students wishing to go straight into work after high school are encouraged to look into what this program has to offer. Keep in mind, to be allowed into the career pathway you will need to hold an average of 70; to a spot in independent studies, internships, and anything beyond that you would need to hold an average of a 90 or higher in the automotive technology classes. But, many students with a lot of potential can get permission from Mr. I himself to continue on. 

If I recognize that you’d have the abilities, but its still something to work on, then we can continue moving you along.

— Mr. I

Life is a Highway

Dylan Donnelly is a student in Mr. I’s program that has dedicated himself into going the extra mile. Dylan is a part of the career pathway and seeks some kind of job in the automotive field. Dylan explains that going through the program and getting all of your certifications has given him that real adult outlook on life while still being in school. 

The program does show us real life experiences and its nice to get that look on life while we’re still in school.

— Dylan Donnelly

All things aside Mr. I has worked diligently to make an inclusive and amazing program beneficial for all his students. Everyone of all interests are welcome, and if you like to rock nice button up shirts Mr. Iavarone’s Automotive Technology classes are for you! Mr. I has become a safe place for many students in the program as well. If you’ve spent even a second in his room, you’d see how much the students love him just as much as they love his program.

I like Mr. I’s class because you get the chance to see those nice button ups he’s got on… You just gotta love it all.

— Dylan Donnelly

All button up shirts aside, you should definitely look into the automotive technology program! You just might find interest in something you didn’t know you had!