EHHS Culinary and Environmental Science Programs Plant a Garden
Valery Orrego June 11, 2024

There is a new class being added to the 2024-25 school year at EHHS. It is exciting to hear about this new project from the Profettos. This class...

Balancing The Hive: Summer Edition
Balancing The Hive: Summer Edition
Valery Orrego June 11, 2024

How to live your best, most balanced life this summer with Ms. Dwyer: Set boundaries. You don’t have to say yes to every opportunity you...

Keepin It Reel:Summer Horror Movies
Keepin' It Reel:Summer Horror Movies
Isabella Mott, Reporter • June 7, 2024

Stranger Things: Season 3 Genre: Science Fiction, Horror Isabella’s Rating:★★ Stranger Things Season 3 follows the journey after...

Natalie Brown’s Big Finish: The Road to Valedictorian

Senior Natalie Brown earned herself the title of the Class of 2024’s Valedictorian. She put her all into her years of schooling and has earned many achievements for all her hard work. But, is being the best really as easy as she makes it seem? People say it’s fun to be on top, but what they leave out is how hard it is to stay on top. Natalie Brown gives us all the inner scoop on her journey to becoming valedictorian. Underclassmen, grab you notebooks and start taking notes. She might just help you make it to #1!

Trials and Tribulations

Natalie Brown was chosen as Class of 2024’s valedictorian because out of the entire class of 2024 she has the highest weighted GPA. Which everyone give her a round of applause for her outstanding 4.8707 GPA.  Natalie has taken various different AP and honors classes that heavily affected her GPA, but what really helped her out was her consistency with handing in her assignments and staying on track. 

I have taken a lot of honors and AP classes that are weighted, and in doing extremely well in these classes has lead to my high GPA and ultimately being valedictorian.

— Natalie Brown

Natalie’s twin sister, Nicole Brown, expresses that she couldn’t be more excited for her sister, “I am so excited that natalie is valedictorian. She has worked hard to get here throughout her entire high school career.” But Nicole does go on to say that Natalie’s road to success did involve some challenges, but regardless Natalie was able to keep a solid balance between work and socializing. 

Although Natalie’s journey to becoming valedictorian did involve a lot of stressing and studying, she was able to keep a balanced social life… that is really hard to keep balanced and I’m proud she was able to do it.

— Nicole Brown

Another challenge Natalie faced was keeping up with all of her homework. “My biggest challenges getting to this point had to be keeping up with all of my homework and staying motivated to do my work especially towards the end.” Nicole goes on to say that Natalie has worked extremely hard to maintain only A’s. Natalie has been able to persevere even when material got confusing for her. Nicole explains Natalie takes time out of her life to dedicate herself to figuring out her work and doesn’t hesitate to help a friend in need once she’s sorted it all out. 

Natalie has proven that not only has she worked hard for the valedictorian spot, but she’s able to give back and help her peers as well.

Tossing the Cap

Something beautiful to note about Nicole is her ability to express how proud she is of her sister. Numerous times has she expressed her admiration for her sister and it is safe to say that Natalie has a huge supporter in her life.

I’m so happy she is valedictorian and couldn’t think of anyone more deserving of this title.

— Nicole Brown

Natalie has not only earned the title as Class of 2024’s Valedictorian, but she’s also received numerous scholarships and is happy to see all of her hard work pay off. Though being #1 can come with it’s fair share of anxieties, “I am very proud of my accomplishments and being top of my class but I am not looking forward to speaking at graduation because it gives me a lot of anxiety.” Natalie is grateful for everything she has received. 

Though the journey to the top had its moments, Natalie has been able to face every challenge head on. She has shown courage, strength, and resilience throughout her 4 years at EHHS. Everyone could take a few notes from Natalie’s book of traits, and her EHHS community couldn’t be more proud of her. 

I guess you can say this is Natalie Brown’s “Big Finish.”