Honey Books: The Reappearance of Rachel Price by Holly Jackson
Shayla Batson, Reporter • May 15, 2024

The Reappearance of Rachel Price  My rating: ★★★★ ⅘ stars I LOVED this book. Holly Jackson is so good at keeping readers guessing...

Exploring Democracy: The International Club visits the State Capitol
Ana Romero, Sports Editor/Reporter • May 15, 2024

The EHHS International Club embarked on an eye-opening journey to the Connecticut State Capitol. Guided by their president, Daniel Palma, the...

Keepin It Reel: 3 Movies That Will Make Aou Appreciate Your Mother
Keepin' It Reel: 3 Movies That Will Make Aou Appreciate Your Mother
Isabella Mott, Reporter • May 12, 2024

Brave  Genre: Adventure, Animated Isabella’s Rating:★★★★ Brave follows a young princess, Marida, who wants to make her own...

From Lawyer to Setting the Order in the Classroom: Mr. Haig is a New Asset to the English Department

Mr.+Haig
Mr. Haig

Mr. Michael Haig brings a wealth of experience and a vibrant passion for education to our esteemed faculty at EHHS. His teaching journey, though initially unconventional, has led to a profound connection with his students and a deep sense of fulfillment in the classroom.

Mr. Haig’s educational odyssey began at Binghamton University, where he pursued a dual major in History and English. Following his undergraduate studies, he began attending Hofstra Law School with aspirations of a legal career. Despite familial influences—both of his parents and his sister being educators—Mr. Haig initially sought to forge his own path away from teaching. However, the allure of the classroom proved irresistible.

After a brief stint teaching in Hartford, Mr. Haig found himself at a crossroads during his legal studies. He rediscovered his innate passion for education and his desire to make a meaningful impact on young minds. He decided to return to teaching, where he discovered a profound sense of purpose in nurturing student growth and fostering intellectual curiosity.

When Mr. Haig sought teaching positions at both middle and high schools, his diverse background made him an ideal candidate. Leveraging his legal expertise, he was hired at EHHS, where he teach 9th, 11th, and 12th graders. He focuses on teaching college and career writing—a role that allows him to impart essential skills while engaging students in critical thinking and self-expression. Additionally, Mr. Haig seamlessly integrates his legal background into the 11th-grade curriculum, emphasizing the significance of foundational documents and historical context.

So far during his time at EHHS, Mr. Haig has not only flourished professionally but has also undergone personal growth. He finds immense gratification in his role, describing it as his true calling. His students, in turn, have formed a deep bond with him, appreciating his warmth, humor, and unwavering commitment to their success.

EHHS has gained not just a teacher, but a mentor, a guide, and a source of inspiration for generations of students to come. His journey underscores the transformative power of education and serves as a testament to the enduring impact of dedicated educators in shaping the leaders of tomorrow.