In the 2022-2023 season, the EHHS volleyball team had 3 seniors: Nicole Sangiovani, Ally Stettinger, and Autumn Clancy.
Off the Hive: UCONN Wins Back to Back Championship Titles Since 2007
By: Marlana DIasApril 22, 2024

Connecticut had became the first Division 1 men's college basketball team to win back to back championships since Florida 17 years ago. CNN Sports...

BUZZ BEATS: THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT by Taylor Swift
BUZZ BEATS: "THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT" by Taylor Swift
Willow Torres, Reporter • April 22, 2024
With a collection of 31 songs, I expected to be excited with all the new material, but I only really enjoyed about 4 songs.
Indulge in the Sweetness of Anginette Cookies
Keissy Mejias-Laspina, Reporter • April 19, 2024

On Friday April 19th, this year’s Anginette Wars will be taking place in EHHS starting at 6pm. Everyone is welcome to watch and tickets are...

EHHS Volleyball Team Sets Their Way to Senior Night

In the 2022-2023 season, the EHHS volleyball team had 3 seniors: Nicole Sangiovani, Ally Stettinger, and Autumn Clancy. They have each been on the team every year in high school, Nicole and Autumn started in 6th grade. Nicole was this year’s senior captain and says her best memory is being put on varsity her freshman year. Ally and Nicole share a play called a slide. With Ally behind her, Nicole sets the ball back a little so Ally can hit it right over. Autumn, along with being the outside, she also plays as the libero. The libero is a designated back row player who serves only for defense so Autumn likes being able to hit the ball over because the viewers don’t expect it.

Senior night this year was on October 27th and, although the game did not go as planned, all the players had fun. As every sport does in honor of the seniors, each of them had their lockers decorated with their team numbers, pictures and other fun stuff. Autumn said, “I love my locker, my senior night group did a fantastic job.” Autumn actually has 2 different team numbers because, in some games, she plays as the libero, basically defense for the whole game. Her regular number is #35 and her libero number is #41. Ally’s number is #26 and Nicole’s number is #30.

As senior captain, Nicole felt obligated to leave a little advice for future team members. She says, “Have fun everyday and don’t take it for granted, it goes by way quicker than you think.” Junior Brooke Ciscone says, “I want to wish the seniors good luck in the future and thank them for an amazing season.” The team won 4 of their games and will continue to grow into next year.