Honey Books logo by Isabella Balseiro
Honey Books: Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi - Re Reviewed
Shayla Batson, Reporter • April 23, 2024

Restore Me Rating: ★★★★ 3.5/5 Stars This book put me in a reading slump 1 year ago and I completely abandoned the Shatter Me Series...

Off the Hive: UCONN Wins Back to Back Championship Titles Since 2007
By: Marlana DIasApril 22, 2024

Connecticut had became the first Division 1 men's college basketball team to win back to back championships since Florida 17 years ago. CNN Sports...

BUZZ BEATS: THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT by Taylor Swift
BUZZ BEATS: "THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT" by Taylor Swift
Willow Torres, Reporter • April 22, 2024
With a collection of 31 songs, I expected to be excited with all the new material, but I only really enjoyed about 4 songs.

Girls Tennis Ready to Serve Up A New Season of Wins

The EHHS girls tennis team creates a positive environment where students can make friends and be a part of a community. It is the perfect sport to get involved in this Spring! 

EHHS girls tennis coach Ellyn DiVerniero is hosting practices for this upcoming season starting on March 16th; she is looking for new members. Practice will be held every weekday, and on the occasional Saturday, so potential members have to be committed and willing to put in effort. Anyone can join without any prior experience.

Senior and girl tennis team captain, Alyson Alberino, has been active on the team since her freshman year. She joined without any prior tennis experience and has no regrets. She describes the team as, “accepting, fun, and kind,” and her 4 years on the team as pleasant. She says, “My experience has always been great. The girls on the team are great. I’ve made some of my best friends on the team! We’re all very close.” 

The girls on the tennis team are friendly and have a strong bond. They see each other outside of practice, and hang out whenever they can. Team bonding activities like eating out together after a meet, having pool parties, or going to the beach together during the summer are a common occurrence. Making friends on the team is a guarantee. Ellyn DiVerniero says, “East Haven athletes are open and kind people. If you’re a student who’s looking to find a new community, joining a sport is a really great way to start!”

Coach DiVerniero’s main goal for this year’s season is to gain some underclassmen. The team is primarily made up of seniors, so new faces are welcome and encouraged. DiVerniero says, “Whether you think you’ll be good at it or not, put your effort in, show up every day with a positive outlook, and remember that we all start somewhere.” 

View Comments (1)
$0
$500