Esports: The Fall Season Featuring Team Bravo

The fall season for EHHS Esports has begun. This season, the players from Team Bravo will be playing in the Fall, and the players from Team Alpha will be playing in the Spring, under the team name “Yellowjackets.”

On September 29, the Yellowjackets played their first match of the season against New Britain High School. The team consisted of sophomores Trevor Vaccino, Anthony Arcangelo, and Justin Trudeau. The team made a valiant effort to pull through with a win but ended up losing 3-0. Though this was an unfortunate loss for the team, they did not give up easily. Throughout the match, the players worked together well by making several key passes and saves.

On October 6, the team played their second match of the season against Xavier High School and ultimately lost 3-0. Anthony Arcangelo, a player from the Yellowjackets, noted the issues leading up to the match: “I got pretty unlucky with technological issues, which prevented me from warming up.” The technical issues were fixed the issue before the scheduled start time of the actual match. Going into the match, the team had previously worked on certain aspects of the game, like positioning. Arcangelo shared: “We have been working on rotates and our overall positioning, so all we need to do is aim well and hit the ball hard.” He also noted an advantage of the Yellowjacket team: “Our chemistry is what really makes us stick out from the competition. We plan on taking advantage of this throughout our games, as we know that we can trust each other and play off of one another.” Having good chemistry can be difficult at times, since everyone has a different playing style. After looking back on this match, Arcangelo shares: “I have high hopes [for the rest of the season], we have been playing way more often and getting way better than last season”.

On October 13, the Yellowjackets were scheduled to play against Rockville High School but could not play due to unforeseen circumstances. Though the team’s record for the season is 0-3, the players will not let this stop them from trying their best in future matches. The team practiced a lot over the summer, hoping to pull through with a better record this season. Arcangelo notes the time and effort he and his team have been making: “We have been… putting in our hours, learning new strategies, so I know that soon we will be incomparably better than before.”

The Esports Club is currently looking for new members. They meet every Monday after school and compete every Thursday after school at 3:30 pm. If you have any questions about the club, email Mr. A. Gardner at [email protected].