A column by Ava Maroney reviewing artists and music weekly. The album review for this week is Antifragile by Le Sserafim.
Honey Books logo by Isabella Balseiro
Honey Books: Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi - Re Reviewed
Shayla Batson, Reporter • April 23, 2024

Restore Me Rating: ★★★★ 3.5/5 Stars This book put me in a reading slump 1 year ago and I completely abandoned the Shatter Me Series...

Off the Hive: UCONN Wins Back to Back Championship Titles Since 2007
By: Marlana DIasApril 22, 2024

Connecticut had became the first Division 1 men's college basketball team to win back to back championships since Florida 17 years ago. CNN Sports...

BUZZ BEATS: THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT by Taylor Swift
BUZZ BEATS: "THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT" by Taylor Swift
Willow Torres, Reporter • April 22, 2024
With a collection of 31 songs, I expected to be excited with all the new material, but I only really enjoyed about 4 songs.

Buzz Beats: Album Review – Antifragile by Le Sserafim

Antifragile by Le Sserafim, released on October 17th, 2022, is a refreshing second mini album from the girl group. The group’s overall message is about being strong, fearless and confident in yourself and the five album tracks represent that.

“The Hydra” the opener for the album is a bass-heavy track with declarations of staying strong through adversity in the girls native languages consisting of English, Korean and Japanese. “The Hydra” is not so much a song, but more of an opener that represents the concept of the album and what is to come.

“Antifragile” is the main title track for the album, and is extremely catchy and easy to listen to. The repeating chorus is engaging, especially when following with the dance as seen in the music video. However, the raps are a bit awkward as they do not flow well and this track is not as lyrically strong as their previous debut song, “Fearless.” The main message of the song about confidence and vulnerability is still what makes “antifragile” a very powerful song.

The best song on the album is the R&B track titled “Impurities.” The song was co-written by member of Le Sserafim and vocalist, Yun-jin, which adds to the personality of the song. The main message is to embrace impurities and to not let people “dull your shine.” “Impurities” is another easy track to listen to and highlights the languid vocal ability of the members.

Overall, Antifragile is a powerful and upbeat album that represents the idea of embracing vulnerability and strength very well. Even with “No Celestial” being the weakest song on the album, it’s still a strong guitar-heavy track with confident lyrics about rejecting unrealistic expectations that stands out. The closing track, “Good parts (when the quality is bad but so I am)” is a heartfelt and lyrically simple track about loving yourself which adds to the feel-good energy of the album. The album has zero skips with each song having its own unique personality with a rating of 9/10.