A column by Ava Maroney reviewing artists and music weekly. The album review for this week is After-Like by IVE.
Off the Hive: UCONN Wins Back to Back Championship Titles Since 2007
By: Marlana DIasApril 22, 2024

Connecticut had became the first Division 1 men's college basketball team to win back to back championships since Florida 17 years ago. CNN Sports...

BUZZ BEATS: THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT by Taylor Swift
BUZZ BEATS: "THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT" by Taylor Swift
Willow Torres, Reporter • April 22, 2024
With a collection of 31 songs, I expected to be excited with all the new material, but I only really enjoyed about 4 songs.
Indulge in the Sweetness of Anginette Cookies
Keissy Mejias-Laspina, Reporter • April 19, 2024

On Friday April 19th, this year’s Anginette Wars will be taking place in EHHS starting at 6pm. Everyone is welcome to watch and tickets are...

BUZZ BEATS: Album Review – After-Like by IVE

Logo by Isabella Balsiero

After-Like is the third single album released by the k-pop group IVE on August 22, 2022. The album may only have two songs, but nonetheless, it is still very addicting. “After Like”, the main title track, is a sample of “I Will Survive” originally by Gloria Gaynor, which makes it easily familiar. The song is still recognizable even with new EDM additions to the backing track that makes it even more upbeat.

The choreography for the song, especially, during the chorus, is also very memorable. “You and I, It’s more than like, What’s after like?” is the catchiest part of the song. The music video with the firework display in the background, while they are dancing, adds to the entire feel of the song as well. It’s a very vibrant song about love and not only expressing it confidently just through your heart but through your actions, too. This message is what makes the song feel very bright and happy to put listeners in a good mood.

As for “My Satisfaction,” the b-side track of the album has a very fresh and industrial feel. It is quite different than the EDM, disco style of “After-Like” but the vocal-centric and edgier feel are still very powerful. They are experimental with their sound and they are doing it well, this album supports that. Overall, After-like is a solid 9/10, and both tracks are very unforgettable.