Indulge in the Sweetness of Anginette Cookies
Keissy Mejias-Laspina, Reporter • April 19, 2024

On Friday April 19th, this year’s Anginette Wars will be taking place in EHHS starting at 6pm. Everyone is welcome to watch and tickets are...

Keepin It Reel: Tangled
Keepin' It Reel: Tangled
Isabella Mott, Reporter • April 19, 2024

Tangled  Genre: Adventure, Animated  Isabella’s Rating:★★★★★ Tangled follows a girl named Rapunzel who is trapped inside...

Off The Hive: It's that Time of Year, Senior's Committing
Marlana DiasApril 18, 2024

Now is the time, this is now when Senior's are committing. The following Senior's have already committed; Gianna Castellano to WCSU (Western...

Buzz Beats: Song Review – “Queencard” by (G)-IDLE

Logo by Isabella Balseiro

“Queencard” is a new song released by k-pop group (G)-IDLE on May 15th, 2023. “Queencard” comes from the girl group’s sixth mini album titled I feel, which all members participated in writing and producing.

The message that comes from the song is very empowering as it’s about feeling confident in yourself. The lyrics in “Queencard” express the importance of not only loving yourself on the outside, but truly accepting who you are on the inside too. The lyrics in the song are catchy, especially during the chorus and the very end. I love the lyrics in the post chorus that mention how their confidence is as powerful as a queen playing card, which is where the name of the song comes from. The members of (G)-IDLE have really amazing lyrical delivery in “Queencard’ which conveys the confident message of the song. It’s also a very perfect summer song and I love how catchy it is to listen to.

Overall, I love “Queencard” by (G)-IDLE because of how fun and catchy the message and lyrics of the song are, so I rate it a 10/10.