Photo by Mark Curcio
YellowJackets Girls Softball Poised for Success in Upcoming Season
Shayla Batson, Reporter • April 5, 2024

The EHHS girls softball team is determined to make it back to the SCC tournament this year after a strong 13 year record and a difficult season...

Hagaman Memorial Library Presents..Film Night: "Wonka" (2023) (PG)
April 4, 2024

East Haven: Enjoy a night out and pizza and drinks!  Visit the Hagaman Memorial Library on Thursday, May 30 at 5:00 p.m. for a showing of the...

Buzzing Bites: Top Five Goldfish Flavors
Holly Speers, Editor-in-Chief • April 4, 2024
They're an unbeatable flavor, and if your disagree then you're incorrect.

Stat Chat : Gianna Castellano

Gianna Castellano on the court

Gianna has played basketball since she was 5 years old and played for the High School team all 4 years while also playing AAU basketball since 4th grade. ” I learned how to play through watching my older brother play basketball. Throughout my four years of high school, I’ve been dedicated to the sport, making the varsity team as a freshman and becoming the sixth man off the bench, quickly adjusting to the fast pace of the game. In my sophomore year, I had the opportunity to contribute as the starting point guard and contribute to our team’s success,” Gianna expresses.

Gianna is a point guard, whose job is to bring the ball up the court while controlling the offense,  calling out plays, and directing teammates. Her position requires a lot of leadership or as she claims, “another coach on the court.” She averaged  7 points, 3 rebounds, and 2 assists per game last year.

“Gianna has been a three-year starter at point guard. Her incredible work ethic and drive are something that I’ve never seen before in a player. She is always the first one at practice and the last one to leave. She’s also a great captain and leader to the younger players,” Coach Michael Archambault claims.

“I’m super excited for our season to start next week. I believe this team has a lot of potential and I’m eager to see the things we accomplish this year. We are a strong and quick team with great team chemistry and with big things ahead of us.”

ong and quick team with great team chemistry and with big things ahead of us.”