Photo by Mark Curcio
YellowJackets Girls Softball Poised for Success in Upcoming Season
Shayla Batson, Reporter • April 5, 2024

The EHHS girls softball team is determined to make it back to the SCC tournament this year after a strong 13 year record and a difficult season...

Hagaman Memorial Library Presents..Film Night: "Wonka" (2023) (PG)
April 4, 2024

East Haven: Enjoy a night out and pizza and drinks!  Visit the Hagaman Memorial Library on Thursday, May 30 at 5:00 p.m. for a showing of the...

Buzzing Bites: Top Five Goldfish Flavors
Holly Speers, Editor-in-Chief • April 4, 2024
They're an unbeatable flavor, and if your disagree then you're incorrect.

Buzz Beats: Song Review – “Doughnut” by Twice

Logo by Isabella Balseiro

“Doughnut” by the k-pop girl group Twice was a single released on December 3rd, 2021. The song was pre-released to the group’s 4th Japanese album titled Celebrate, which was released in July of 2022. The winter-themed music video and the cover art adds to the cozy, Christmas feeling the pop-ballad exudes. The track itself is simple and one of the groups safer songs in terms of experimentation and creativity. However, everything about this song is perfect from the vocals to the meaning within the song. The group plays around with the idea that the hole of a doughnut represents loneliness and longing for someone, and the continuous loop of the doughnut represents missing and loving someone constantly. It’s an odd metaphor, but I think that is what makes the song memorable and very lovey-dovey.

Some people might say the song is way too simple, and there is a lot lacking vocally but I could not disagree more. This is a song that showcases the softer, more gentle side of the vocals of Twice which I think is perfect, and sometimes simple is better. The song is very addicting to listen to, especially with the harmonies from the members towards the ending. My favorite part of the song is definitely around the three minute mark where Jihyo’s strong background vocals shine through and add a sincere and powerful energy.

Overall, “Doughnut” is the perfect song to enjoy during the winter season. It’s one of the only songs I never get tired of, therefore, I rate this track a 10/10.