Indulge in the Sweetness of Anginette Cookies
Keissy Mejias-Laspina, Reporter • April 19, 2024

On Friday April 19th, this year’s Anginette Wars will be taking place in EHHS starting at 6pm. Everyone is welcome to watch and tickets are...

Keepin It Reel: Tangled
Keepin' It Reel: Tangled
Isabella Mott, Reporter • April 19, 2024

Tangled  Genre: Adventure, Animated  Isabella’s Rating:★★★★★ Tangled follows a girl named Rapunzel who is trapped inside...

Off The Hive: It's that Time of Year, Senior's Committing
Marlana DiasApril 18, 2024

Now is the time, this is now when Senior's are committing. The following Senior's have already committed; Gianna Castellano to WCSU (Western...

BUZZ BEATS: EP review – Different by Joshua Bassett

Logo by Isabella Balsiero

Joshua Bassett released the EP Different on October 27, 2022 sharing a serene tone. The album’s messages are relatable; he discusses rumors and gossip, memories that are difficult to let go, doing something that you regret doing, and changes.

The start of the EP “Would you love me now?” begins as a heavy nostalgia track about overthinking a past love and regret on how things were left off and how things turned out in which you want to take back. In the end it talks about breaking a promise and now holding onto the good memories.

The main song on the EP “Different” goes in depth with pure emotion of love. The song describes the end of a relationship that you just can’t quit. The lyrics states, “I’m back with your arms/But everything’s changed/Now we’ve been to hell and back again/I know you’re afraid we’ll end up the same/Maybe this time, it’ll be different.” Joshua Bassett describes loving someone the first time didn’t end up the way you guys thought it would be but if you are willing to try it again later on maybe things would end up different. With time away from each other and feeling regret by walking away from each other, in the end giving each other another chance can possibly make things work out with one another.

Overall, the whole EP describes different scenarios in situations and the way the lyrics are expressed are relatable. The lyrics and the strummed guitar goes together, showing pure emotion. I recommend listening to this song if you have ever had regret, have a hard time letting things go, or have a hard time in general or expressing to someone your true feelings.

I rate this EP an 8/10.