Honey Books logo by Isabella Balseiro
Honey Books: Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi - Re Reviewed
Shayla Batson, Reporter • April 23, 2024

Restore Me Rating: ★★★★ 3.5/5 Stars This book put me in a reading slump 1 year ago and I completely abandoned the Shatter Me Series...

Off the Hive: UCONN Wins Back to Back Championship Titles Since 2007
By: Marlana DIasApril 22, 2024

Connecticut had became the first Division 1 men's college basketball team to win back to back championships since Florida 17 years ago. CNN Sports...

BUZZ BEATS: THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT by Taylor Swift
BUZZ BEATS: "THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT" by Taylor Swift
Willow Torres, Reporter • April 22, 2024
With a collection of 31 songs, I expected to be excited with all the new material, but I only really enjoyed about 4 songs.

Griffin McCarroll Competes at States for EHHS Swim

EHHS freshman, Griffin McCarroll, is part of the swim team and made it to states this season. There are different types of swimming styles that Griffin competes in like freestyle and backstroke. When he swam in states in mid March, he swam a 100 freestyle in 53.01 seconds. The 100 freestyle is swam in an average of 52 seconds to 1.10 on average.

Griffin also swam a backstroke in 1 minute. His favorite swim style is a sprinter with shorter distances. His favorite memories of his first season were competing with all of the different age groups, experiencing club swimming, and seeing the celebration of all the seniors on senior night, and the hype of the meets. Griffin started swimming at the age of 5 and then started to compete at the age of 8. He stopped swimming in 8th grade, but figured he wanted to try it out in high school. Now he sees himself swimming for the high school swim team for the rest of his high school career. Griffin said, “School work is number one. If I am behind in school and need extra time to do homework I talk to my coach and ask if I can have the day off to complete it so I can continue to swim and do well in school.” The coach is very understanding about school coming first and gives Griffin the opportunity to take a break and have the day off. Griffin knows that over the next year he will work to improve his 100 free timing for states next year. Griffin is very excited to continue to swim during high school and can’t not wait to start swimming and competing again. Swimming is a big part of his life. Griffin hopes to make it to states again and go even further than he did last year by the time his high school career is over.