Honey Books logo by Isabella Balseiro
Honey Books: Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi - Re Reviewed
Shayla Batson, Reporter • April 23, 2024

Restore Me Rating: ★★★★ 3.5/5 Stars This book put me in a reading slump 1 year ago and I completely abandoned the Shatter Me Series...

Off the Hive: UCONN Wins Back to Back Championship Titles Since 2007
By: Marlana DIasApril 22, 2024

Connecticut had became the first Division 1 men's college basketball team to win back to back championships since Florida 17 years ago. CNN Sports...

BUZZ BEATS: THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT by Taylor Swift
BUZZ BEATS: "THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT" by Taylor Swift
Willow Torres, Reporter • April 22, 2024
With a collection of 31 songs, I expected to be excited with all the new material, but I only really enjoyed about 4 songs.

Buzz Beats: Song Review – “All The Girls You Loved Before” by Taylor Swift

Logo by Isabella Balseiro

“All of the Girls You Loved Before” is a previously unreleased song by Taylor Swift that was officially released on March 17th, 2023. “All of the Girls You Loved Before” was intended to be a part of the Lover album tracklist released in 2019, which is one of my favorite Taylor Swift albums, but the song was not officially released until 2023. “All of the Girls You Loved Before” was also a part of four songs Taylor released to celebrate the start of her Era’s Tour.

“All of the Girls You Loved Before” is about how Taylor loves a man that had past relationships that did not end well. Instead of hating his past relationships and the girls he was with, Taylor instead is thankful for them because those girls made him who he is today and now they are together. My favorite lyrics come during the bridge: “Your mother brought you up loyal and kind / Teenage love taught you there’s good in goodbye / Every woman that you knew brought you here / I wanna teach you how forever feels.” I think these lyrics highlight how growing and learning from past experiences is worth it for a better future that’s filled with love and appreciation. The message is very sweet and the overall sound of the song is very dreamy.  “All of the Girls You Loved Before” showcases Taylor’s versatile vocal range especially during the chorus.

I really love “All of the Girls You Loved Before” and I think it is a perfect addition to the Lover album. Taylor’s vocals are very powerful and dreamy which make the song really catchy and lovely to listen to. Taylor Swift, of course, does not have a bad song so “All of the Girls You Loved Before” deserves a 10/10 rating.