Off the Hive: UCONN Wins Back to Back Championship Titles Since 2007
By: Marlana DIasApril 22, 2024

Connecticut had became the first Division 1 men's college basketball team to win back to back championships since Florida 17 years ago. CNN Sports...

BUZZ BEATS: THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT by Taylor Swift
BUZZ BEATS: "THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT" by Taylor Swift
Willow Torres, Reporter • April 22, 2024
With a collection of 31 songs, I expected to be excited with all the new material, but I only really enjoyed about 4 songs.
Indulge in the Sweetness of Anginette Cookies
Keissy Mejias-Laspina, Reporter • April 19, 2024

On Friday April 19th, this year’s Anginette Wars will be taking place in EHHS starting at 6pm. Everyone is welcome to watch and tickets are...

Hocus Pocus 2 Returns After 25 Years

Hocus Pocus returns, after 25 years, with a sequel about three girls who bring the original witches back and stop them before they get to the children. The original movie came out in July of 1993 and the sequel came out on September 30, 2022 and can only be streamed on Disney+.

The Rotten Tomatoes score for the second movie are almost doubled compared to the first movie. 50% of people at EHHS had enjoyed the movie, freshman Emily Forrest said, “I thought the movie was funny, but it was a little fast paced.” 25% of people didn’t enjoy the movie, senior Gabby Geatano, said “The first movie had more of a realistic feel as unrealistic as it is.” Both movies are a good family movie on a good fall night.

Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Nihjimy reprised their roles as the original three witches, Winnie, Sarah, and Mary Sanderon. Bette Midler has starred in multiple other movies and is most known for the Hocus Pocus franchise. Sarah Jessica Parker is very well known for Sex and the City. One of Kathy Nihjimy’s most well known movies are the Hocus Pocus movies. Other than the actor that played Billy, none of the old characters made an appearance in the movie.

The original movie, overall, was more consistent with classical Halloween vibes while the second movie felt like it was trying too hard. The second movie gave fans of the original a great backstory to the three Sanderson sisters. However, the plot and acting was a little cringey. The movie brought back a lot of memories for those who grew up watching the original movie.