College and career advisor Matt Fuchs is here at EHHS to help students figure out their future plans after high school.
Honey Books logo by Isabella Balseiro
Honey Books: Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi - Re Reviewed
Shayla Batson, Reporter • April 23, 2024

Restore Me Rating: ★★★★ 3.5/5 Stars This book put me in a reading slump 1 year ago and I completely abandoned the Shatter Me Series...

Off the Hive: UCONN Wins Back to Back Championship Titles Since 2007
By: Marlana DIasApril 22, 2024

Connecticut had became the first Division 1 men's college basketball team to win back to back championships since Florida 17 years ago. CNN Sports...

BUZZ BEATS: THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT by Taylor Swift
BUZZ BEATS: "THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT" by Taylor Swift
Willow Torres, Reporter • April 22, 2024
With a collection of 31 songs, I expected to be excited with all the new material, but I only really enjoyed about 4 songs.

Matt Fuchs Takes On EHHS’s College and Career Advisor Position This Fall

College and career advisor Matt Fuchs is here at EHHS to help students figure out their future plans after high school. He was hired as a resource for students who need help figuring out their career paths as well as plans for college regarding scholarships and financial aid. Matt assists with exploring majors, which college the student wants to attend, the type of school, and anything having to do with college applications. He’s currently working for the school year as a one year appointment.

Even though he lived in different states such as Georgia and Ohio, Matt is from Newtown, CT and has spent 15 years of his life in Connecticut. Matt graduated from UConn with a Bachelor’s degree in political science involving policy, politics, and public relations. He works for partnership college advice with a partnership with a non profitable organization called College Advising Corps. He said, “[He] has been interested in advising and the inspiration for his career comes from his high school guidance counselor who inspired him to find a long term career path.” He enjoys working with students and being involved with education based and extracurriculars. Matt’s goal at EHHS is to help students as much as possible to come up with a solid plan for what they want to do when they graduate from high school.

He is available at any time during the day, but it’s best to make an appointment. He is located in guidance and you can apply on the QR code that is located in front of guidance or you can email him @[email protected]  A typical appointment focuses on curating college or school lists and managing college and career searches. He helps in finding the school that fits you and what you want to study, required or encouraged testing registration, and reviewing applications and essays.