EHHS Culinary and Environmental Science Programs Plant a Garden
Valery Orrego June 11, 2024

There is a new class being added to the 2024-25 school year at EHHS. It is exciting to hear about this new project from the Profettos. This class...

Balancing The Hive: Summer Edition
Balancing The Hive: Summer Edition
Valery Orrego June 11, 2024

How to live your best, most balanced life this summer with Ms. Dwyer: Set boundaries. You don’t have to say yes to every opportunity you...

Keepin It Reel:Summer Horror Movies
Keepin' It Reel:Summer Horror Movies
Isabella Mott, Reporter • June 7, 2024

Stranger Things: Season 3 Genre: Science Fiction, Horror Isabella’s Rating:★★ Stranger Things Season 3 follows the journey after...

Keepin’ It Reel: A Binge-worthy TV Show to Get You in the Mood for Summer

Keepin It Reel: A Binge-worthy TV Show to Get You in the Mood for Summer

Outer Banks 

Genre: Drama, Adventure 

Isabella’s Rating:★★★★

Outer banks follows a group of teens who consider themselves “Pogues” and go on a hunt to find out what had happened to one of the characters’ fathers. Along the way you grow to love the characters and get deeply invested in the plot of the story. You feel for the characters as you watch them grow and mature, as well as watch their home lives unfold. This series consists of three seasons, each of which follows a different mystery that the pogues must figure out.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first season, as I had watched it during the summer and it was the perfect summer watch. It was entertaining, while also being funny. The show felt like just watching a group of teens having fun in their small town in Outer Banks. As the show progressed it seemed to get better and better production, this aspect took away from the vibe of the show. Watching season two was still enjoyable, as the summer feeling still was prevalent in the show. Season three, however, I did not like because of how far they had drifted from the original plot of the show. Not only had they done that, but the whole show felt like they were throwing ideas at the wall and seeing what stuck. The first season included improvised jokes from the cast of teenagers, and when they took that out of the show, it didn’t feel the same. 

They are planning on making another season which is coming out in the second half of 2024. I personally don’t think this season is going to be good, aso the last one wasn’t, but it still has potential. They teased the new season at the end of season three, saying that the pogues are going to get the opportunity to search for a hidden treasure. Season 4 is coming soon so be sure to binge there other seasons during summertime to get ready for the new season.