Honey Books logo by Isabella Balseiro
Honey Books: Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi - Re Reviewed
Shayla Batson, Reporter • April 23, 2024

Restore Me Rating: ★★★★ 3.5/5 Stars This book put me in a reading slump 1 year ago and I completely abandoned the Shatter Me Series...

Off the Hive: UCONN Wins Back to Back Championship Titles Since 2007
By: Marlana DIasApril 22, 2024

Connecticut had became the first Division 1 men's college basketball team to win back to back championships since Florida 17 years ago. CNN Sports...

BUZZ BEATS: THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT by Taylor Swift
BUZZ BEATS: "THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT" by Taylor Swift
Willow Torres, Reporter • April 22, 2024
With a collection of 31 songs, I expected to be excited with all the new material, but I only really enjoyed about 4 songs.

EH Girls Basketball Team’s Slam Dunks Their Way Into States and SCCs

Communication Was Key For Their Success
Trevor Archambault

The EH girls’ varsity basketball team made it to the state tournament and SCCs this season with a small team of amazing players.

To prepare for the season there are off-season workouts that the players participate in such as the summer league as well as the fall league for the varsity team for strength and conditioning along with different activities to get in shape and to get more experience and exposure from playing with others in a game.

Some of the top stats of the season include senior Juliana Iovino who is averaging twelve points and six rebounds a game. Senior Olivia Martin averages just over six points per game and 7 rebounds a game, currently the leading rebounder on the team. Senior Gianna Castellano also leads the team and is a point guard who averages under five rebounds, about 11 points and averages 3 assists per game.

This is Mr. Mike Archambault’s third year coaching the girl’s basketball team and the last 25 years coaching travel and rec teams in EH. Currently, the team’s goal each year is to qualify for the SCC tournament and the state tournament, with a stronger senior class and a team of 17 players consisting of nine seniors and eight underclassmen, he hopes to get further. Obstacles the team faces throughout the season include playing time, amount of practice, and a team of many upperclassmen. The coach is looking forward to a North Haven and Amity game coming up, which are both very talented teams.

Important core qualities they have as a team are to be unselfish, have a group of kids willing to work together on team goals, have players who understand their role and importance on the team, demonstrate leadership, and motivate other team members.

Join The Hive at the State tournament beginning in February, away versus Branford on Friday 1/19 at 6:00 pm and Saturday 1/20 Home versus Waterford.