Honey Books logo by Isabella Balseiro
Honey Books: Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi - Re Reviewed
Shayla Batson, Reporter • April 23, 2024

Restore Me Rating: ★★★★ 3.5/5 Stars This book put me in a reading slump 1 year ago and I completely abandoned the Shatter Me Series...

Off the Hive: UCONN Wins Back to Back Championship Titles Since 2007
By: Marlana DIasApril 22, 2024

Connecticut had became the first Division 1 men's college basketball team to win back to back championships since Florida 17 years ago. CNN Sports...

BUZZ BEATS: THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT by Taylor Swift
BUZZ BEATS: "THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT" by Taylor Swift
Willow Torres, Reporter • April 22, 2024
With a collection of 31 songs, I expected to be excited with all the new material, but I only really enjoyed about 4 songs.

Teens Go “Hay”wire For the New Rec Center at Hays School

Starting in the fall of 2023, the EH Recreation Department opened a new Teen Youth Center at Hays School. The former school is located at 1 Maple Street, in East Haven, and has been used as a recreation center for a series of activities and programs. The Teen Youth Center was created for young students interested in hanging out with, making, and communicating with new friends their age from around town.  The center is free for all 6th to 8th graders on different days each week. They advertise different activities each week on their Facebook page. Some of the activities include ping pong, a gaming center, movies, coloring, pool table, foosball, board games, and more.

As of right now, the activities are all free and Recreation Program Coordinator, Andrew Kenney hopes to keep the program free for as long as possible while continuing to grow. The Recreation Department secured a grant to pay for the building space and time. The supplies, so far, were donated.

Kenney explained they are hoping to create a care closet where participants can pick up necessities and school supplies. They are currently looking for donations. They are also looking for volunteers to work. Anyone interested can volunteer for community service hours.