Isabella takes a deep dive into her top three favorite book to movie adaptations and why theyre so special.
Honey Books logo by Isabella Balseiro
Honey Books: Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi - Re Reviewed
Shayla Batson, Reporter • April 23, 2024

Restore Me Rating: ★★★★ 3.5/5 Stars This book put me in a reading slump 1 year ago and I completely abandoned the Shatter Me Series...

Off the Hive: UCONN Wins Back to Back Championship Titles Since 2007
By: Marlana DIasApril 22, 2024

Connecticut had became the first Division 1 men's college basketball team to win back to back championships since Florida 17 years ago. CNN Sports...

BUZZ BEATS: THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT by Taylor Swift
BUZZ BEATS: "THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT" by Taylor Swift
Willow Torres, Reporter • April 22, 2024
With a collection of 31 songs, I expected to be excited with all the new material, but I only really enjoyed about 4 songs.

KEEPIN’ IT REEL: Top Three Book to Movie Adaptations

Logo by Nalini Harry Esposito

The Summer I Turned Pretty 

The Summer I Turned Pretty follows Belly, and her family going to a summer house with her family friends. It follows her love story, as well as a coming of age story about growing up and friendship. I think this series is best watched during the summer, and gives you the perfect vibes of a beach day. So far, two seasons are out, with more to come. You can watch The Summer I Turned Pretty on Amazon Prime.

The Summer I Turned Pretty is also a trilogy by Jenny Huan, which also follows Belly and her journey as a young adult. I personally think that the books were better than the show, because of how Huan describes the scenery in the books. I also think that the plots were more interesting, because as all TV shows do, it changed the book slightly.

Harry Potter

Harry Potter is a popular book series following Harry, the boy who lived. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone followed the adventures of the unlikely hero Harry Potter, a lonely orphan who discovers that he is actually a wizard and enrolls in the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. These movies are obviously very popular, but if you haven’t watched it it would be a great way to end off your fall season. There are 8 Harry Potter films and 7 Books.

The books, however, are a great addition to diving into the Harry Potter universe. I would recommend watching the movies, and then reading the books. The books clear up any confusion you may have gotten from the movies. The story is complicated at some points and the books may help give you more detail into the storyline. These books are great to read during the fall as well, and will surely get you in the mood for winter.

The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games movie series follows the story of a corrupt dystopian government that forces people from different areas to compete in a deadly game. There are six movies now out, with The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes just coming out recently. This is a great watch if you like action movies with a lot of suspense. There are 5 movies in this series.

The books have a similar story line, also following this plot, but with more description and magical realism involved. Suzanne Collins does a great job of immersing the reading into a great and suspenseful story line. There are four books in this series, the last book being split in two when making the movies.