Honey Books logo by Isabella Balseiro
Honey Books: Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi - Re Reviewed
Shayla Batson, Reporter • April 23, 2024

Restore Me Rating: ★★★★ 3.5/5 Stars This book put me in a reading slump 1 year ago and I completely abandoned the Shatter Me Series...

Off the Hive: UCONN Wins Back to Back Championship Titles Since 2007
By: Marlana DIasApril 22, 2024

Connecticut had became the first Division 1 men's college basketball team to win back to back championships since Florida 17 years ago. CNN Sports...

BUZZ BEATS: THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT by Taylor Swift
BUZZ BEATS: "THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT" by Taylor Swift
Willow Torres, Reporter • April 22, 2024
With a collection of 31 songs, I expected to be excited with all the new material, but I only really enjoyed about 4 songs.

BUZZING ON THE BIG SCREEN: 12 Days of Christmas Movie Reviews Day 3- How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Logo by Isabella Balsiero
Logo by Isabella Balsiero

SPOILER WARNING AHEAD!!

How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)

Iconic Lines: “4:00, wallow in self-pity. 4:30, stare into the abyss. 5:00, solve world hunger, tell no one. 5:30, jazzercize; 6:30, dinner with me. I can’t cancel that again. 7:00, wrestle with my self-loathing. I’m booked. Of course, if I bump the loathing to 9, I could still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness.” — The Grinch

Favorite Character: The Grinch

With Christmas around the corner, Christmas movies that are a must watch would be the iconic classical The Grinch. The movie details the adventure of The Grinch and his loyal dog Max. The Grinch is on a mission to end Christmas at Whoville because he wants the peace and tranquility back. At Whoville everyone goes out with big spectacles and the Whos aren’t planning on changing that anytime soon. With the help of Max, The Grinch hatches a plan to pose as Santa Clause and steal the Christmas for everyone at Whoville.

Something viewers can look forward to in this film would have to be the relationship that The Grinch builds with Lou Lou Who. They are polar opposites to one another Lou Lou Who being a child in love with Christmas while The Grinch hates anything that represents the Christmas spirit. In this film The Grinch grows into loving Christmas accepting that there is no point in hating a holiday that brings the whole community together. Jim Carrey does a phenomenal job in portraying The Grinch,his acting is impeccable and he was the best choice for the role with the mimicking he does to Lou Lou Who. The costumes are also something to look forward to, they consist of crazy green and red fabrics, big bows, and sparkly glittery sequins.

The Grinch will make you laugh like crazy while you figure out that he never hated Christmas; he just hated feeling lonely during the holidays.