EHHS Culinary and Environmental Science Programs Plant a Garden
Valery Orrego June 11, 2024

There is a new class being added to the 2024-25 school year at EHHS. It is exciting to hear about this new project from the Profettos. This class...

Balancing The Hive: Summer Edition
Balancing The Hive: Summer Edition
Valery Orrego June 11, 2024

How to live your best, most balanced life this summer with Ms. Dwyer: Set boundaries. You don’t have to say yes to every opportunity you...

Keepin It Reel:Summer Horror Movies
Keepin' It Reel:Summer Horror Movies
Isabella Mott, Reporter • June 7, 2024

Stranger Things: Season 3 Genre: Science Fiction, Horror Isabella’s Rating:★★ Stranger Things Season 3 follows the journey after...

The News On Homecoming 2022

The 2021 Homecoming: “There’s no place like homecoming”

EHHS class of 2023 officers and advisors have been planning the 2022 Homecoming which will take place on November 18 from 7:00-10:00. This year’s Homecoming theme will be starry night.

The current president of the class of 2023 for 2 years, Madison DiNuzzo, stated that the Homecoming tickets will be $20 each again this year. Soon students will fill out a form on how many tickets they want and who they are bringing if they are buying tickets for other students. Outside students will be allowed to come this year. Soon after, students fill out the form they will be able to purchase tickets on E-Funds via PowerSchool. If students do not fill out the google form, they cannot purchase tickets on PowerSchool. Treasurer, Izabella Olszewski, said the officers agreed the theme of Homecoming should be starry night because it was a cute idea and they could plan for good decorations. The decorations will be gold and silver themed and include string fairy lights to look like stars, balloons, and possibly a moon background for a picture spot. Madison and Izabella also said the class officers are hoping to make a couple thousand dollars off of Homecoming to go towards the 2023 senior prom and other senior activities, which are also organized by the class of 2023 officers. If seniors have not paid their class dues, which go towards prom and other senior activities, they are not allowed to attend Homecoming. Seniors should pay class dues on E-Funds via Powerschool.

According to Madison, it is important to the EHHS community to host Homecoming and for students to attend because it is a dance where everyone gets to come together before the holidays, get dressed up, and have fun with their friends. Izabella also added that the dance brings people together to have a night of dancing and fun with their friends and gives them memories to look back on.

Many students at EHHS that are going to Homecoming are excited to have a fun night with their friends, especially seniors for their last Homecoming. Senior, Ella Severino, said she is excited to spend her last Homecoming “with [her] friends before being separated at college.” Many freshmen and new students at EHHS are excited to experience Homecoming for the first time. Junior, Kimmy Thorpe, who joined EHHS at the end of November 2021, said she is excited about the experience of Homecoming since she has never been before. Most girls are wearing formal dresses and spending $100-$250 on their entire outfit. Boys are mostly wearing button-downs, dress pants, and fancy shoes and are spending around $100-$150 on their entire outfit. Senior, Glerys Ramirez said, “I am wearing a black formal dress with sparkles and am spending about $150 on my outfit.” Since the theme is unannounced some students were hoping for a certain theme this year or in future years. Some themes that students want to see are neon or glow in the dark, luxury, autumn, or a 90s theme.

Although many students do go to Homecoming some chose not to because they feel it is a waste of money and isn’t fun for them. Junior, Jason Lynn, said he doesn’t go to Homecoming because it is a waste of money and he would rather stay home. Although some students may prefer that, many think Homecoming is a fun night out that they get to get dressed up for and have fun with their friends.

Before and after Homecoming are typically very similar for most students attending Homecoming. Students will get ready and then take pictures with their friends before and then go hang out at a friend’s house or out to dinner with their friends after.

Prom this year will be at Woodwinds in North Branford on May 12, 2023. Students should be ready to receive a google form to fill out how many tickets they are buying soon.