This week Im reviewing the music-focus historical fiction novel, Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid. Spoiler warning!
EHHS Culinary and Environmental Science Programs Plant a Garden
Valery Orrego June 11, 2024

There is a new class being added to the 2024-25 school year at EHHS. It is exciting to hear about this new project from the Profettos. This class...

Balancing The Hive: Summer Edition
Balancing The Hive: Summer Edition
Valery Orrego June 11, 2024

How to live your best, most balanced life this summer with Ms. Dwyer: Set boundaries. You don’t have to say yes to every opportunity you...

Keepin It Reel:Summer Horror Movies
Keepin' It Reel:Summer Horror Movies
Isabella Mott, Reporter • June 7, 2024

Stranger Things: Season 3 Genre: Science Fiction, Horror Isabella’s Rating:★★ Stranger Things Season 3 follows the journey after...

HONEY BOOKS: Daisy Jones & The Six

Logo by Isabella Balsiero
Logo by Isabella Balsiero

DAISY: Camila Looked at me for a moment and then she said something that changed my life. She said, ‘Don’t count yourself out this early, Daisy. You’re all sorts of things you don’t even know yet.’ That really stuck with me. That who I was wasn’t already determined. That there was still hope for me. That a woman like Camilla Dunne thought I was . . . Camila Dunne thought I was worth saving”

Daisy Jones & The Six  by Taylor Jenkins Reid

Genre: Historical Fiction

Rating: 5/5

Spoiler Warning!

Daisy Jones & The Six tells the story of an iconic 1970s rock band, Daisy Jones & The Six. The focus of the novel is mainly on the lives of the lead singers, Billy Dunne and Daisy Jones. The book is told in an interview style with perspectives of every member of the band and those who worked on the album, writers/journalists, and even Billy’s wife, Camila. Billy’s band was on the rise to fame and Daisy was finally gaining recognition. A producer creates the band, recognizing that they would thrive with Daisy. The novel recounts the creation of their very successful album, the rough and complicated relationships between the members of the band, and the revelation of how it all ended.

This book was a ride. A good one. At first, I doubted picking it up since I am usually not a fan of historical fiction. I’m so glad I bought it anyway. The interview style of the book made it so much fun. I also, as most people do, love the aesthetic of the 1970s. This is probably why I enjoyed it so very much. The revelation at the end (that I’m trying so hard not to spoil) made the book even better than it was to begin with. It completely shifts the perspective of what you’re reading. At this point, I’m debating whether or not to go back and read it again with this new knowledge. I also am not a fan of books being made into a movie or show. However, this one may likely be an exception. The novel is planned to become a miniseries featuring actor Sam Claflin as Billy and singer Riley Keough (Elvis’ granddaughter) as Daisy. This book is encompassed by music. The author even includes the lyrics to every song at the end of the novel (which is so amazing!). I want so badly to just be able to hear the music and listen to it. Hopefully, with this miniseries I can fulfill this need.

Considering I gave the book a five star rating, there is very little I dislike. The one thing I will point out is that the novel starts off very slow and takes a while to pick up. Regardless, it is still a fantastic book that I would recommend to anyone with a love for any kind of music.