EHHS Culinary and Environmental Science Programs Plant a Garden
Valery OrregoJune 11, 2024

There is a new class being added to the 2024-25 school year at EHHS. It is exciting to hear about this new project from the Profettos. This class...

Balancing The Hive: Summer Edition
Balancing The Hive: Summer Edition
Valery OrregoJune 11, 2024

How to live your best, most balanced life this summer with Ms. Dwyer: Set boundaries. You don’t have to say yes to every opportunity you...

Keepin It Reel:Summer Horror Movies
Keepin' It Reel:Summer Horror Movies
Isabella Mott, Reporter • June 7, 2024

Stranger Things: Season 3 Genre: Science Fiction, Horror Isabella’s Rating:★★ Stranger Things Season 3 follows the journey after...

Top 5 Best GlamBOTS of 2024

This year’s Oscars brought us some iconic GlamBOTS. Since 2016, GlamBOTS–which are high-definition, high speed cameras that are propped up on a robotic arm–have been used to take stunning slow-motion shots of celebrities on the red carpet. Some of the most memorable GlamBOTS include Ariana Grande at the 2020 Oscars’, Sofia Carson at the 2022 Grammys’, and Cardi B at the 2023 Grammys’.

In light of this year’s Oscars’, I will be ranking the top 5 best GlamBOTS of 2024.

Starting off strong with:

5. Laufey

Jazz musician Laufey made her first appearance at the 2024 Oscars’, and surprised audiences with a beautiful GlamBOT debut. Simple and classy, it matches Laufey’s vibe perfectly. It isn’t as showy as other GlamBOTS on this list, but I actually enjoy that a lot because it suits the type of image that Laufey has as an artist. Laufey became an internet sensation in recent years with viral jazz hits like ‘Valentine,’ and ‘From the Start’ gaining traction on TikTok and other platforms, and she has built up a strong and dedicated fan base. Laufey has reintroduced classical and jazz music into the mainstream, and she has a very soft, romantic aesthetic which we can see in her GlamBOT.

Up next we have:

4. Ice Spice

Looking gorgeous as usual, Ice Spice did her thing at this year’s Oscars’. Her GlamBOT stood out to me because of her unique look. Her outfit wasn’t just a standard party dress, and just like with Laufey, her clothes made her personality shine through. The denim jacket and skirt set paired with sparkly, golden jewelry was giving 2000s ‘McBling’ energy, which was very refreshing. Ice Spice ate the girlies up with this one.

Following Ice Spice, in the number three spot is:

3. Tyla

South African singer Tyla blew up this past year with her hit song ‘Water,’ and is adored by fans for her stage presence and charm. Her GlamBOT shows off that charisma of hers, and so does her dress. It’s intricate and a beautiful shade of green that compliments her nicely. You can just feel Tyla’s strong presence through the screen.

In the number two spot is a familiar face:

2. Ariana Grande

No one can top Ariana Grande’s 2020 GlamBOT, not even herself. It was just too iconic. But Ariana Grande’s appearance at the 2024 Oscars’ is still breathtaking and went viral all over social media. Her gown is so princess-like and voluminous, and her makeup is on point. Say what you want about Ariana as a person, but there is no denying her star power. She never misses.

Last but not least, in the number one spot is:

1. Madison Beer

There’s really nothing I can say to describe how amazing this GlamBOT is. It basically speaks for itself, I mean, just look at it. Madison Beer’s dress isn’t that special, but the toss around 100% made up for it in my opinion. Madison Beer looks unreal, and each frame of her GlamBOT is flawless. All of the women on this list did fantastic. I can’t wait to see more of their fashion moments this year.