Photo by Mark Curcio
YellowJackets Girls Softball Poised for Success in Upcoming Season
Shayla Batson, Reporter • April 5, 2024

The EHHS girls softball team is determined to make it back to the SCC tournament this year after a strong 13 year record and a difficult season...

Hagaman Memorial Library Presents..Film Night: "Wonka" (2023) (PG)
April 4, 2024

East Haven: Enjoy a night out and pizza and drinks!  Visit the Hagaman Memorial Library on Thursday, May 30 at 5:00 p.m. for a showing of the...

Buzzing Bites: Top Five Goldfish Flavors
Holly Speers, Editor-in-Chief • April 4, 2024
They're an unbeatable flavor, and if your disagree then you're incorrect.

STAT CHAT: Alexa Heaphy

Alexa Heaphy, #18

Alexa Heaphy has been playing softball for 12 years now. “My sister played and I always loved watching her, I also grew up in a baseball/softball family so it came naturally,” Heaphy states. 

Alexa’s batting average is around .456, also accomplished all SCC first teams and was chosen for the sophomore selected team that played at UCONN. This upcoming season will be Heaphy’s third year playing for our high school varsity team and she was also chosen as Junior Captain, “the feeling was really good and I felt honored when I was announced junior captain because it’s an uncommon thing with the EHHS softball, as it’s usually seniors,” Lexi expresses. 

Her position on the field is “short-stop” whose main job is running the field, usually backing in the infield up, and in charge of where outfield throws the ball. “My team’s aspiration for the season is to qualify for SCC and states, along with my personal aspirations which are to get all SCC, All state, and qualify for the junior selected team,” she reveals. She brings good leadership to the table on and off the field and as captain/teammate, she is always trying to bring up the spirit and make all my teammates feel comfortable on the team.

“Softball is all about dedication and becoming better than you were the day before.”  #18 Alexa Heaphy