Honey Books logo by Isabella Balseiro
Honey Books: Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi - Re Reviewed
Shayla Batson, Reporter • April 23, 2024

Restore Me Rating: ★★★★ 3.5/5 Stars This book put me in a reading slump 1 year ago and I completely abandoned the Shatter Me Series...

Off the Hive: UCONN Wins Back to Back Championship Titles Since 2007
By: Marlana DIasApril 22, 2024

Connecticut had became the first Division 1 men's college basketball team to win back to back championships since Florida 17 years ago. CNN Sports...

BUZZ BEATS: THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT by Taylor Swift
BUZZ BEATS: "THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT" by Taylor Swift
Willow Torres, Reporter • April 22, 2024
With a collection of 31 songs, I expected to be excited with all the new material, but I only really enjoyed about 4 songs.

Unveiling The Hunger Games Universe: A Cinematic Journey into The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes

The Hunger Games, a captivating series that has held our attention, now welcomes a new addition to the franchise: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes

Exploring the Prequel:

Nick Yaccorino, a fellow EHHS student, shared his insights on how the prequel adds a new layer to the Hunger Games Universe. He finds it interesting to witness the early days of the games, providing a unique perspective compared to the resistance portrayed in the original trilogy. 

Behind the Scenes Look

Engaging with students like Anthony Oliver, we gain a deeper understanding of the impact The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes has on our comprehension of the Hunger Games universe. Oliver highlights how it gives us more context and a behind-the-scenes look at events that shaped the series.  

Tone and Expectations 

Delving into the tone, Anthony reflected, The prequel has a different vibe, more introspective. “It’s not the fast-paced action we’re used to; instead, it unveils the true intentions of the characters” Surprisingly, he found that the prequel exceeded his expectations, seamlessly complementing the original trilogy. Nick Yaccorino, pondering the author’s intent, remarked, “It feels like she wanted to delve deeper into the characters, offering a unique lens..” 

To grasp the essence of the prequel, I consulted Mr. Stevens, who seamlessly integrated the author’s intentions with the narrative’s atmosphere. According to him, “The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes represents a positive departure. Shifting away from intense action, it delves into the intricate stories of the characters..” This deliberately slower pace facilitates a profound understanding of the Hunger Games universe, introducing layers that prompt a reassessment of the Capitol’s motivations and reshape our comprehension of the entire Hunger Games setup.

The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes is not just a continuation; it’s a cinematic journey that enriches the Hunger Games universe. Through the words of students like Nick and Anthony, along with the perspective of Mr. Stevens, we’ve unraveled the prequel’s impact, tone, and significant contributions. It’s more than a story; it’s an immersive exploration that adds depth to a familiar world.