Spotify Users Wrapped Their 2022 Top Listens With the Increasingly Popular Wrapped Program

Spotify Wrapped 2022, an annual music tracker, released on November 30th. This feature has occurred annually since it was first introduced in 2016. In previous years, Spotify Wrapped was released in early December. Spotify tracks each listener’s music from January 1st through October 31st to create their “Spotify Wrapped.”

There are many features that come with Spotify Wrapped for users to enjoy. When they open the app, users are first greeted with a notification to let them know their Spotify Wrapped is ready for them. For the Wrapped report, Spotify tracks the number of genres, songs, and artists a person listens to throughout the year. The Wrapped report shares the top five for each category. When the listeners are told their top artists, the report also shares how many minutes they listened to each artist and the top percent of listeners that each user is in. Spotify also shares the number of minutes that each user has been listening on the app throughout the year. The listener’s top song of the year is also shared with how many times the user listened and what date it was listened to the most. This year the user’s “listening personality” was also revealed with a description of what their personality type means. There are 16 different personalities, including “The Nomad,” which is “a sonic explorer who listens far and wide, but once you find a song or artist you love, they’re with you always. Kind of like a musical souvenir.” Some of other listening personalities are The Replayer, The Devotee, The Jukeboxer, and The Adventurer. There is also a playlist filled with the top one hundred songs that a user listened to throughout the year. Spotify even shares summaries about users’ music taste such as, “From sunrise to sunset, you kept it interesting.”

Many students at EHHS were excited for their Spotify Wrapped to be released. Freshman, Emily Forrest said, “It’s something to look forward to every year” and freshman, Ava DiNola said, “Every year I look forward to it, like a pre-Christmas present.” Ava likes being able to see how “addicted to music” she is each year. There were some students disappointed with their results this year. Senior, Isabella Balseiro said, “I think it’s inaccurate, it tracks until June and then stops.” Isabella’s top artist is Pitbull and she believes that she never listened to him that much. Ava agreed and thought it was more accurate in the past than it was this year, which disappointed her.

People who use Spotify have been loyal to the streaming platform for years. Ava likes using Spotify because it is personalized for the user. Emily likes using Spotify and even has premium because it’s an easy way to access music. However, Emily wishes the Spotify Wrapped “was longer and had more information.” She also wishes it didn’t cost money to listen to music without advertisements.