Keepin It Reel: A Binge-worthy TV Show to Get You in the Mood for Summer
Keepin' It Reel: A Binge-worthy TV Show to Get You in the Mood for Summer
Isabella Mott, Reporter • May 24, 2024

Outer Banks  Genre: Drama, Adventure  Isabella’s Rating:★★★★ Outer banks follows a group of teens who consider themselves...

AP Classes and AP Tests: Are They Worth It?
Sofia Calixto, Reporter • May 24, 2024

As we head into May, AP Exams will be taking place May 6th-May 16th. Taking this course along with taking the exam have many benefits while also...

Buzzing Bites: Blueberry Donut Iced Coffee
Holly Speers, Editor-in-Chief • May 24, 2024

On this week’s buzzing bites I will be reviewing the new blueberry donut iced coffee at Dunkin Donuts.  This coffee truly does taste like...

Honey Books: Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi – Re Reviewed

Re reviewing books 4-6 and novellas (4.4, 5.5)
Honey Books logo by Isabella Balseiro

Restore Me Rating: ★★★★ 3.5/5 Stars

This book put me in a reading slump 1 year ago and I completely abandoned the Shatter Me Series until about a month ago. I honestly feel like the book could’ve ended here or ended at the end of the third book.

Throughout the course of the series, Juliette gains much more confidence in herself. Her character growth through the first novel is remarkable but gets even greater in the rest of the series.

— Emilee Gargano

This is exactly why the series could’ve ended here as the main character is Juliette and she was already very confident in this book. I feel like there wasn’t much need for the last 2 books and this series could’ve stopped here.

Defy Me Rating: ★★★ 3.5/5 Stars

I did like this book however I kind of felt like it was just a continuation of the 4th book. However. I did like this book a lot and I liked how they introduced (spoiler) Juliette’s sister Emmaline and gave her a little back story I thought it was great for Juliette’s character development to learn about her sister

Imagine Me Rating: ★★★★★ 5/5 Stars

“One of my criticisms would be that as much as I love Kenji, I found myself much more engaged when I was reading from the Juliette/Warner perspective rather than the Juliette/Kenji perspective.”

— Emilee Gargano

I agree, I feel like the last book, (Imagine Me) really needed Warner’s POV. I love Warner and he is by far my favorite book boyfriend. Not including Warner’s POV in the epilogue, I found myself being a little bored with Kenji’s POV. Especially because it was his narration in the combined novella Find me. I think if the last book was going to switch between Juliette and Kenji then the novellas should’ve been Warner’s POV.

Find Me Rating (Novella):★★★★ 4/5 stars

I got through this entire book in 1 day. Granted it wasn’t that long but I still got through it. I do feel like it could’ve been through Warner’s POV instead of Kenji’s POV as the 6th book also had Kenji’s POV but not Aaron Warner. One of the things I liked about the novellas, especially the first one is that they were seen from Warner’s perspective so I feel like this novella should’ve also been Warner’s perspective. I was practically in a drought not having any thoughts from Warner it felt like he was just pushed to the side despite being a main character.