Ms. Santos-Hasse joined the EHHS family at the beginning of the 2022 school year, and her passion for art shocked everyone.
Honey Books logo by Isabella Balseiro
Honey Books: Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi - Re Reviewed
Shayla Batson, Reporter • April 23, 2024

Restore Me Rating: ★★★★ 3.5/5 Stars This book put me in a reading slump 1 year ago and I completely abandoned the Shatter Me Series...

Off the Hive: UCONN Wins Back to Back Championship Titles Since 2007
By: Marlana DIasApril 22, 2024

Connecticut had became the first Division 1 men's college basketball team to win back to back championships since Florida 17 years ago. CNN Sports...

BUZZ BEATS: THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT by Taylor Swift
BUZZ BEATS: "THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT" by Taylor Swift
Willow Torres, Reporter • April 22, 2024
With a collection of 31 songs, I expected to be excited with all the new material, but I only really enjoyed about 4 songs.

New Ceramics Teacher Ms. Santos-Hasses Shocked the Community With Her Self Taught Skills

Ms. Santos-Hasse joined the EHHS family at the beginning of the 2022 school year, and her passion for art shocked everyone. According to her coworkers, many people don’t appreciate the arts like she does and she takes such pride in her work that it’s inspiring to watch. Not only do her coworkers enjoy her new style, the students do as well. She wants all EHHS students to know  that her door is always open for students whenever they need something.

Ever since she was young, Ms. Hasse has found comfort in art. Her aunt was a major influence in her decision to become an art teacher since her aunt was constantly showing new types of art. Art was a saving grace when she was in her darkest times with mental health and she wanted to share her passions with the new generations. When Ms. Hasse was in high school, her art teacher was her greatest enemy yet when she looks back she realizes that her art teacher helped her the most. Ms. Hasse would like to be that person when students look back on their school experience. Not only did she take a liking to art, as a child she was very prevalent in choir, band, and many sports such as lacrosse, figure skating, and basketball.

Outside of school she can be found at her home with her fiancé, her high school sweetheart, and her black cat, Olive. Together the three of them relax at home while playing games like Animal Crossing and League or watching different types of anime. Another way she likes to relax is to reminisce about going to Forks, Washington to see family and find peace in the forest and fields. The EHHS community is so excited to have her this year.