Isabella Mott gives her honest review on The Walking Dead, a popular series that recently ended for good.
Honey Books logo by Isabella Balseiro
Honey Books: Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi - Re Reviewed
Shayla Batson, Reporter • April 23, 2024

Restore Me Rating: ★★★★ 3.5/5 Stars This book put me in a reading slump 1 year ago and I completely abandoned the Shatter Me Series...

Off the Hive: UCONN Wins Back to Back Championship Titles Since 2007
By: Marlana DIasApril 22, 2024

Connecticut had became the first Division 1 men's college basketball team to win back to back championships since Florida 17 years ago. CNN Sports...

BUZZ BEATS: THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT by Taylor Swift
BUZZ BEATS: "THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT" by Taylor Swift
Willow Torres, Reporter • April 22, 2024
With a collection of 31 songs, I expected to be excited with all the new material, but I only really enjoyed about 4 songs.

Keepin’ It Reel: The Walking Dead

Keepin It Reel: The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead

Genre: Horror, action

Isabella’s Rating:★★★★★

The Walking Dead follows Rick Grimes, a man that just woke up from a coma in the Zombie Apocalypse, trying to find his wife and child. There are many “Villians” in the show, which put Rick and his group in danger many times. The first season follows Rick and his found family trying to navigate surviving with zombies. There are 11 seasons, with spin off seasons following main characters like Daryl Dixon airing now.
In my opinion this is one of the best series I have ever seen. There is a perfect mix of action and family dynamics. The show immediately makes you attached to the characters, and feel for them. The first seasons focus on survival and finding others in the same situation, but as seasons go on the plot starts to shift from that to problems with other people. Around season 9 I think the show starts to go downhill in terms of plot. The episodes start to get messy and less planned out. The show was once based off of the comics, but toward the end the writers started to stray away from that plotline. I think this is where they went wrong because they now have to create the whole story line on their own.
I think this show is worth the watch for most people, there is definitely some gore throughout the show but nothing that takes away from the story line. If you like character driven plots I would definitely consider giving The Walking Dead a watch. It’s also a very long series, which allows you to get invested in the characters even more. Each episode ends with you wanting to watch the next. I would recommend the series up to season 9, but after that the series is not worth the time to watch. I’ve yet to watch the spin offs, but I don’t think they would be worth the time it takes. The writers have started to use their own ideas which, in my opinion, have ruined the series as a whole.