Isabella Mott gives her honest review on The Walking Dead, a popular series that recently ended for good.
EHHS Culinary and Environmental Science Programs Plant a Garden
Valery Orrego June 11, 2024

There is a new class being added to the 2024-25 school year at EHHS. It is exciting to hear about this new project from the Profettos. This class...

Balancing The Hive: Summer Edition
Balancing The Hive: Summer Edition
Valery Orrego June 11, 2024

How to live your best, most balanced life this summer with Ms. Dwyer: Set boundaries. You don’t have to say yes to every opportunity you...

Keepin It Reel:Summer Horror Movies
Keepin' It Reel:Summer Horror Movies
Isabella Mott, Reporter • June 7, 2024

Stranger Things: Season 3 Genre: Science Fiction, Horror Isabella’s Rating:★★ Stranger Things Season 3 follows the journey after...

Keepin’ It Reel: The Walking Dead

Keepin It Reel: The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead

Genre: Horror, action

Isabella’s Rating:★★★★★

The Walking Dead follows Rick Grimes, a man that just woke up from a coma in the Zombie Apocalypse, trying to find his wife and child. There are many “Villians” in the show, which put Rick and his group in danger many times. The first season follows Rick and his found family trying to navigate surviving with zombies. There are 11 seasons, with spin off seasons following main characters like Daryl Dixon airing now.
In my opinion this is one of the best series I have ever seen. There is a perfect mix of action and family dynamics. The show immediately makes you attached to the characters, and feel for them. The first seasons focus on survival and finding others in the same situation, but as seasons go on the plot starts to shift from that to problems with other people. Around season 9 I think the show starts to go downhill in terms of plot. The episodes start to get messy and less planned out. The show was once based off of the comics, but toward the end the writers started to stray away from that plotline. I think this is where they went wrong because they now have to create the whole story line on their own.
I think this show is worth the watch for most people, there is definitely some gore throughout the show but nothing that takes away from the story line. If you like character driven plots I would definitely consider giving The Walking Dead a watch. It’s also a very long series, which allows you to get invested in the characters even more. Each episode ends with you wanting to watch the next. I would recommend the series up to season 9, but after that the series is not worth the time to watch. I’ve yet to watch the spin offs, but I don’t think they would be worth the time it takes. The writers have started to use their own ideas which, in my opinion, have ruined the series as a whole.