Libby Madonna plays libero and skipped right past the freshman team to go straight to JV.
Honey Books logo by Isabella Balseiro
Honey Books: Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi - Re Reviewed
Shayla Batson, Reporter • April 23, 2024

Restore Me Rating: ★★★★ 3.5/5 Stars This book put me in a reading slump 1 year ago and I completely abandoned the Shatter Me Series...

Off the Hive: UCONN Wins Back to Back Championship Titles Since 2007
By: Marlana DIasApril 22, 2024

Connecticut had became the first Division 1 men's college basketball team to win back to back championships since Florida 17 years ago. CNN Sports...

BUZZ BEATS: THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT by Taylor Swift
BUZZ BEATS: "THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT" by Taylor Swift
Willow Torres, Reporter • April 22, 2024
With a collection of 31 songs, I expected to be excited with all the new material, but I only really enjoyed about 4 songs.

Libby Madonna: Sets Her Way Onto the Volleyball Team

Libby Madonna was one of several freshman on the volleyball team this year. She plays libero and skipped right past the freshman team to go straight to JV. A libero serves as a defensive specialist and is not allowed to serve or rotate to the front line. The libero wears a different color jersey from the rest of the team and is easily recognizable. Libby also played on the varsity team throughout the season as well.

Madonna has been playing volleyball since 6th grade and was very nervous to play for high school. Her love for the sport began by seeing others around her enjoy volleyball and so she decided to give it a try. “I made lots of connections with my teammates and coaches,” Madonna says. But, one connection with  Junior Angelina Bellacicco helped her throughout her season. 

Libby says her favorite part of her freshman season was winning against Hamden the second time she played them. 

“Libby 100% led the JV team and is one of my strongest players. That is why she got a libero jersey so early. Coach Brown and I decided it was in everyone’s best interest to give her a libero jersey and she defended that jersey all season long,” Coach Kalman says. 

The JV team ended the season with a 4-16 record but overall Libby went out with a strong season.