EHHS Culinary and Environmental Science Programs Plant a Garden
Valery OrregoJune 11, 2024

There is a new class being added to the 2024-25 school year at EHHS. It is exciting to hear about this new project from the Profettos. This class...

Balancing The Hive: Summer Edition
Balancing The Hive: Summer Edition
Valery OrregoJune 11, 2024

How to live your best, most balanced life this summer with Ms. Dwyer: Set boundaries. You don’t have to say yes to every opportunity you...

Keepin It Reel:Summer Horror Movies
Keepin' It Reel:Summer Horror Movies
Isabella Mott, Reporter • June 7, 2024

Stranger Things: Season 3 Genre: Science Fiction, Horror Isabella’s Rating:★★ Stranger Things Season 3 follows the journey after...

Jenna Ortega’s Take on Wednesday Addams Thrills Fans in the Netflix Show

Director, Tim Burton, has thrown us all for a loop with yet another work of art, entitled Wednesday. Jenna Ortega, previously on Stuck in the Middle and The Babysitter: Killer Queen, went into her audition for the role of Wednesday with fake blood on a cut she received from filming her death scene in the movie X. Burton thought it was a very “Wednesday thing to do” and ultimately became a big part of why she received the role. Wednesday is now Jenna’s biggest role and the show itself is “on track to dethrone Stranger Things 4 as the #1 most watched English-language series in Netflix history,” according to @Pubity on Instagram.

Read ahead at your own risk — there will be spoilers!

The show begins with Wednesday in a normal high school where she finds her brother, Pugsley, in a locker after being bullied by a group of boys. Wednesday sees this in a psychic vision and while the boys are swimming, she drops bags of piranhas in the pool. Her family sends her to Nevermore Academy for outcasts where her mother, Morticia, and father, Gomez, went to school. Wednesday starts to investigate the secrets of Nevermore after a student, Rowan, was killed by a giant creature because he was trying to kill Wednesday. Soon, Wednesday meets a “normie” from town, named Tyler, and he quickly becomes a possible love interest. I thought this was a very bold choice from the director since Wednesday was never known to show that kind of emotion.

Parents’ Weekend at the school comes around and Wednesday’s family has arrived. The sheriff reveals that Gomez should be in prison for a murder that we find out Morticia committed but he took the fall. As previously stated, Wednesday has been having psychic visions, some of which she was able to talk to a girl who looked like her except the girl had blonde hair. Wednesday finds out that the girl’s name is Goody Addams, her ancestor who was a very powerful witch at the time of the Salem trials. Meeting Goody led to a historic fight between Wednesday and John Crackstone, a powerful pilgrim who burned down a shed full of “witches,” including Goody but she managed to escape.

The boy who was killed by Morticia was named Garret Gates. His family was very wealthy and were very influential around Nevermore. After Garret’s death, his siblings and parents also died, allegedly. Ms. Thornhill is the only normie teacher at Nevermore and after a lot of investigating, Wednesday put together that she is actually the sister of Garret, Laurel Gates. Throughout the series, the monster, now known as a Hyde, has now attacked many others, including students and normies from town. In a shocking turn of events, Tyler, the assumed normie, was found out to be the Hyde and also that Laurel/ Ms. Thornhill had been controlling him. Her main goal was to bring Crackstone back to take down Nevermore for what happened to her brother. She freed him and he attempted to kill Wednesday but Goody healed her and she went to fight Crackstone. She won the fight and her roommate Enid, a werewolf who was never able to “wolf out,” finally did and took down Tyler in the woods. The season ends with Wednesday giving Enid a hug, probably becoming the biggest character development in the show, and Tyler escaping from the truck that captured him.

Overall, this production is a 10 out of 10 and many viewers would be highly likely to watch it again and again. The character Wednesday is a fan favorite, with Enid coming in as a close second, and the casting of Jenna Ortega as Wednesday also quickly became a fan favorite. Many fans are infatuated with the way Jenna was able to take on such a big, iconic role and absolutely slay it. As for other characters, many viewers would have rather seen Christina Ricci, the original Wednesday, play Morticia as she already has the background on the show. Leann Boisvert leaves us with this, “Don’t fall in love with any 1 character because they’ll disappoint you in the end.”