EHHS Receives $45,000 Grant From the Timken Foundation

This week, Operations Manager, Plant Manager, and Communications Manager were honored to present a $45,000 check on behalf of the Timken Foundation to EHHS Principal Vincent DeNuzzo and Assistant Principal Amy Farotti.

When Schulz Electric, a power system by the Timken Foundation, an electric motor and generator repair facility based in Connecticut since 1927, relocated to East Haven in 2021, they made every effort to become an asset to the community. Each year, The Timken Foundation of Canton supports capital projects deemed important to the community in locations where The Timken Company operates.

Pete Emond and Chris Russo took immediate notice of the EHHS plan to build a new Advanced Manufacturing Lab to prepare students for careers in skilled trades upon graduation. Communications Manager, Tina Romandetti, reached out to the school to discuss details of the project and begin the grant application process.

These funds will allow for the purchase of a Hexagon Absolute Arm for the metrology section of the manufacturing lab. This tool is a portable measuring arm for tactile probing and 3D scanning to take precise measurements. This arm will complete the manufacturing lab at EHHS. “There is an immediate need for skilled workers in the manufacturing sector right here in our local community. We are thrilled to be able to contribute to the education of manufacturing’s next generation of workers,” Pete Emond added. The Timken Foundation of Canton is a private, nonprofit, family foundation founded in 1934 by Henry H. Timken, Sr. Over that time, the Foundation has disbursed more than $400 million grants. The Timken Foundation makes grants primarily in the communities where The Timken Company operates.

Ms. Farrotti shares: “We are so excited to partner with the Timken Foundation” and she is excited to see how the students at EHHS will learn manufacturing skills from our newly completed lab. Manufacturing Teacher Mr. Buck is very enthusiastic and is excited to teach students how to use these new materials in the lab. He adds: “Learning how to use The Absolute Arm is an important skill for students who are entering a career in manufacturing.”