Indulge in the Sweetness of Anginette Cookies
Keissy Mejias-Laspina, Reporter • April 19, 2024

On Friday April 19th, this year’s Anginette Wars will be taking place in EHHS starting at 6pm. Everyone is welcome to watch and tickets are...

Keepin It Reel: Tangled
Keepin' It Reel: Tangled
Isabella Mott, Reporter • April 19, 2024

Tangled  Genre: Adventure, Animated  Isabella’s Rating:★★★★★ Tangled follows a girl named Rapunzel who is trapped inside...

Off The Hive: It's that Time of Year, Senior's Committing
Marlana DiasApril 18, 2024

Now is the time, this is now when Senior's are committing. The following Senior's have already committed; Gianna Castellano to WCSU (Western...

BUZZ BEATS: Song Review- Die for you by Joji

Logo by Isabella Balseiro

“Die For You” by the artist Joji is the third track of his latest album SMITHEREENS, which was released on November 4, 2022. Joji is a Japanese R&B and Soul artist. In “Die For You” Joji sings about a past breakup in which he wishes the best for his former love and hopes she gets what she wanted. He acknowledges that she never got what she wanted when she was with him. His music is known for melancholic ballads and with this song, “Die for you,” he expresses more heartfelt and deep emotions. The emotions in the lyrics can attract listeners based on how relatable and strong the song is.

Joji shares that you should be willing to let a person go when you think they’ll be happier without you, even though you still love them dearly. In order for you to move on, you do something in order to get over the person. The song has a calming tone, created by a piano sound in the background, which heightens the expression of pure emotion of sorrow.

Overall the song “Die for you” is a good song to listen to when you’re in your feelings. It’s one of my favorite songs on the album which shows pure and strong emotion on the feeling of falling out of love with someone else and trying to move on from that relationship. I rate the track a 9/10.