EHHS Esports Team Wins Against UHSSE

EHHS Esports Team Wins Against UHSSE

On November 3, the Yellowjackets won against the University High School of Science and Engineering, with a score of 3-0. At the time, the Yellowjackets had a 2-game winning streak. Due to unforeseen circumstances, the team’s substitute, Kayla DeLuca, had to be subbed in for Justin Trudeau before this match. Luckily, this last-minute adjustment did not hurt the team, even though they have not had a lot of practice together with their substitute.

In the first round, the Yellowjackets won with a score of 7-1. The team worked well together, making key passes that led to the 7 goals. In the second round, the Yellowjackets won 6-0, and in the third round, they won 10-2. Overall, the team has become more aggressive during the matches, allowing them to score many goals. Being more aggressive was something that the team wanted to work on for a while. According to their coach, Mr. A. Gardner, the team has improved greatly since the start of the season, especially when it comes to their aggression towards their opponents: “In the last few matches, the team has done a great job of rotating positions and taking a more aggressive approach. Applying pressure on the opponents more often has helped us to be successful these last few games.” Since the beginning of the season, the team has improved in various ways. Mr. Gardner noted that the team has overcome various obstacles since the start of the season: “It’s a great feeling to see the team become successful and overcome some of the obstacles that we faced at the beginning of the season.” Given the limited amount of time the team has to practice, it’s gratifying to see this recent success.

The team’s success isn’t the only thing that Mr. A. Gardner is happy about. Recently, the Esports Club has grown in size. Though the club’s membership isn’t huge, the current members are happy to see that there are still students who are interested in joining. Mr. Gardner noted: “In the last few weeks, more students have gotten involved with the club. There is a growing sense of community and responsibility, not just to the team, but to the collective whole as we represent EHHS.”

For those who are interested in joining the Esports Club, meetings are every Monday after school in room W118. If you have any questions, email Mr. A. Gardner at [email protected].