EHHS Culinary and Environmental Science Programs Plant a Garden
Valery OrregoJune 11, 2024

There is a new class being added to the 2024-25 school year at EHHS. It is exciting to hear about this new project from the Profettos. This class...

Balancing The Hive: Summer Edition
Balancing The Hive: Summer Edition
Valery OrregoJune 11, 2024

How to live your best, most balanced life this summer with Ms. Dwyer: Set boundaries. You don’t have to say yes to every opportunity you...

Keepin It Reel:Summer Horror Movies
Keepin' It Reel:Summer Horror Movies
Isabella Mott, Reporter • June 7, 2024

Stranger Things: Season 3 Genre: Science Fiction, Horror Isabella’s Rating:★★ Stranger Things Season 3 follows the journey after...

EHHS Girls Soccer Captains Keep Up the Heart of the Team In a Tough Season

This year our EHHS girls soccer team has gone above and beyond to keep the spirit high and persevere through a challenging season this fall, with a record of 1-12.

The Easties have new leadership that has helped educate new and returning players on and off the field. The senior captains Gianna Mendez, Sydney Herard, and Gabby Gaetano have attacked this season by modeling to other student athletes what good leadership is. Coach Jake Hacket knew exactly who to pick for captains this year. He had to consider if they were good members of the community and would push the team to make accomplishments. Coach Hackett said these captains knew what to expect and how to lead the team since they have all been on the varsity team since freshman year. “They know how to lead the team by example and words to younger teammates on how to be a good member of the team.” The captains refine the team through their example, words, team bonding, and even fundraisers. He describes a good captain as resourceful, reliable, and encouraging. Gianna Mendez says that the teammates looking up to her make her feel encouraged and enjoys the feeling of being looked up to. Although she always felt like a leader, she now has the title too. It makes her feel more empowered on the team and made this season very memorable.

Sydney Herard knows exactly how to motivate and lead her teammates in order to cheer them up during difficult times. She approaches the role in a friendly way, wanting to be someone the team can come to, but knows when to get serious. Sophomore Hannah Dudley had positive things to say about her captains. “I love them. I like that you’re able to have a close bond with them and I have since freshman year.” All of the captains are unfortunately leaving the team after this season, but will not forget all the memories they made on the EHHS soccer team.